Re: comments on the gtkmm -vcXX- naming convention

> > I don't know if this works, but would it be helpful in your case when we
> > could add the old .dlls and .libs back, but as a Windows shortcut to the
> > new vc80 ones?

The idea of creating shortcuts or symlinks is a good one and not without
precedent.  I wonder if you could alter the installer so that it queries the user
for their runtime and then creates symlinks based on the answer, so:

gtkmm-2_4.lib -> gtkmm-vc90-2_4.lib

would result if the user answered "vc90".   That is not bad and
would be compatible with (our) current build systems (I think).

Phil