Re: gtkmm with VS2005 vd2 option

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 15:56 +0200, Stefani Leonardo wrote:
> I am trying to compile an gtkmm 2.12 program with /vd2 option
>
> This C++ sample, compiled with /vd2 option on Visual Studio C++  2005,
>
> // cl /vd2 /Zi /MDd r.cpp
> #include <sstream>
> int main()
> {
> 	std::stringstream *s = new std::stringstream;
> 	delete s;
> }
>
> crashes. (Note no GTKmm is linked).

I hope someone can help, but I don't see how this could be a gtkmm
problem if you are not even linking to gtkmm. Shouldnt you report this
to Microsoft?

> What C++ libraries can I use ?
> /vd2 is mandatory on gtkmm programs?

Yes, because it fixes a bug in the MSVC++ compiler that Microsoft
refused to fix by default. It's mentioned on the official
gtkmm-on-windows page:
http://live.gnome.org/gtkmm/MSWindows

www.openismus.com