problem with button click event

Hi All,

Has anyone else come across this with gtkmm ???

When I click once on a button in my window, it works fine. But If I click on
that button twice, its executing twice.
In my application I need to restrict the User for only one click. So What I
have done is, I made the button sensitivity to false, everytime the user
clicks on a button.

But, In the same window, there are some 6 buttons. The problem here is,
Suppose on clicking a particular button, application takes some time to
execute to do some transaction. By that time if User clicks on other
buttons(except the one which alread got clicked), those click events are
also getting instantiated and It leads to application freeze. Is there any
function or method, thru which I can restrict those click events
transactions.

How do I solve this problem ?? Please help me  ....