Questions about Gtkmm/Libglademm

Hello, I wrote a program with PyGTK and Glade, but since I'm learning
C++ for some time now, I want to convert my Python porgram to C++.

I looked trough the few examples and I manage to use my old Glade file
and connect it with C++ code, so that's good.

But what I don't get from the examples is the glade signal handling. In
Glade, I give all  widgets already a signal. So the close button gets:
on_close_clicked. In Python/PyGTK this can be simply connected by making
a dictionary, like:
    dic = { "on_close_clicked" : gtk.main_quit }
    self.wTree.signal_autoconnect(dic)
containing all the signals.

But in the Libglademm examples, they always use lines of code for each
widget to connect the signals, like:
    Gtk::Button* pButton = 0;
    refXml->get_widget("quit_button", pButton);
    if(pButton)
      pButton->signal_clicked().connect(
sigc::ptr_fun(&on_button_clicked) );

Isn't there a way to read the signals set in the glade file? That would
save some repeating code.

Timo