Re: gtkmm guidelines?

Hi:
On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 19:24 +0200, Martin (OPENGeoMap) wrote:

Hi:

Are there some gtkmm guidelines to develop?

Usually in c++ APIs i see method like pascal case, but in gtkmm or ruby
language  is like gtk+.

Usually C++ libraries use the same case to c#:
http://cplus.about.com/od/learnc/ss/csharpclasses_5.htm

There is no standard. people choose whatever they see fit.

ok. thanks

How are people developing applications with gtkmm technology?

Therefore i want use libraries in c++ with different notations (gdal,
liblas,...) and (gtkmm,glibmm,...). Which is for me?

How does that even matter?

Well i think it´s really important nowadays. In .NET for example there are a complete guidelines for this topic:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/czefa0ke(VS.71).aspx

Gtk+ also:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/programming-guidelines/code-style.html

In ruby language for example if a word begin with uppercase is a constant. You can not modify that variable anymore in the program, because ruby kernel don´t let you.

IHMO, with this kind of guidelines i think readability is better and we don´t get crazy with APIs we are using.

Here there a great article:
http://www.codesampler.com/guidelines.htm

Regards.