gtk-vnc widget stops drawing...

I have been working with the GTK-VNC widget for quite some time. It turns out that the way it does threading is really not good at all; it locks all threads from running except one. It switches "context" via a yield function call. When there's a lengthy update, it freezes the video conference application that I have worked very hard to have operating smoothly without glitches or freezeups.

So, I decided I would rework the entire threading mechanism in the widget. I would make it run smoothly. I have succeeded in that, except for one little problem. After a while, the widget just stops drawing. The thread isn't locking up, its as if when I call gtk_widget_queue_draw() it doesn't queue up the draw. The expose event function call is never called. Sometimes the widget works really well for almost a whole minute, then stops. Sometimes its after a ten or fifteen seconds. There seems to be no real trigger that causes it to happen.

Anybody have any clues they can toss me regarding anything that would cause a widget to stop drawing or stop responding to functions such as gtk_widget_queue_draw() ? May I reiterate, the thread is not locking up; it is still getting all the other events (key, mouse moved, etc.)

Thanks for your help,

Rob Stoddard