Re: Completed what I can in gstreamermm

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 09:10 -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
> I thought you'd all like to know that I've done all I think I can do for
> gstreamermm to the best of my ability.  I didn't get a chance to look at
> Gst::Iterator, complete the docs and wrap Gst::TagLIst, Gst::TagSetter
> or any of
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/
> and
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/
> (except GstBase::XOverlay) because time did not allow.  But I really
> feel I've done quite a bit and my time will be really limited in the
> future so I will not be able to dedicate more time.
>
> I wanted to let everyone know so that others are aware that there is
> still more to be done and the project can continue.  I don't think I'll
> be needed because all wrapping should be really clear, but if there
> should be any questions please don't hesitate to e-mail me.  Thank you
> all for the opportunity to exercise my programming muscles.  Take care.

While preparing the NEWS file for gstreamermm-0.9.6, I was amazed at how
much work you've done, some of it really difficult stuff.

The media_player_gtkmm example shows how much you have achieved.
Actually playing music and video is the main point of gstreamer.

I'll take a look during some train journeys that I will be making over
the next few days and see if I can add some improvements of my own.

www.openismus.com