Re: Search in ComboBox

Hi
Martin (OpenGeoMap) wrote:

What about a gtk entry with  autocompletion?

Hi Martin!
You response to the OP has me curious to know if 'autocompletion' is a
member function of the Entry class or if it is of a parent class. I am
using Gtkmm 2.10.x under Windows and I have not been able to find such
'Method' in the documentation that came with my installation of Gtkmm.

Here in python a complete sample using autocompletion:

  entry = gtk.Entry()
  completion = gtk.EntryCompletion()
  entry.set_completion(completion)
  liststore = gtk.ListStore(gobject.TYPE_STRING, gtk.gdk.Pixbuf)
  completion.set_model(liststore)
  pixbufcell = gtk.CellRendererPixbuf()
  completion.pack_start(pixbufcell)
  completion.add_attribute(pixbufcell, 'pixbuf', 1)
  # create a gtk.CellRendererText and pack it in the completion. Also set the
  # 'text' attribute
  completion.set_text_column(0)
  # load up the liststore with string - pixbuf data - assuming pixbuf created

the same for ruby/gnome, monogtk#, gtkmm, gtk, etc,..
  liststore.append(['string text', pixbuf])

You need a entry and also the EntryCompletion class. The widget you can see is the gtk::entry
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1EntryCompletion.html

Regards.