Re: disabling widgets and colors.

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 12:27 +0100, Joaquim Duran wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Currently, a customer is asking to show pop ups in transparent mode in a
> non-composite X11 environment.
>
> I've done some testing: I've places to containers in overlapped
> positions in a Fixed container. To avoid the focus go to the container
> that simulates the screen, I've made it insensible. When the container
> is insensible, it changes the color to gray.
>
> Is there any way to disable a widget and maintain the same colors that
> when it is sensible?

you could mess with the widgets RC style in a rc file or an rc string
(see the section "Resource Files" in the GTK documentation).

however, the widget may still choose to draw itself a little differently
when insensitive, and it is generally accepted that good GUI design
includes making it clear to the user when a widget is insensitive.