Re: Field with anonymous namespace warning in gnome-vfsmm-2.6/libgnomevfsmm/monitor-handle.h

On 3/21/08, Bram Neijt <bneijt gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
>  I have the following warning I can't seem to fix from inside my own
>  code. Here is the warning:
>
>  /usr/include/gnome-vfsmm-2.6/libgnomevfsmm/monitor-handle.h:49:
>  warning: 'Gnome::Vfs::MonitorHandle' has a field
>  'Gnome::Vfs::MonitorHandle::proxy_' whose type uses the anonymous
>  namespace
>
>  This warning is given when compiling my own program[1] with g++ (GCC)
>  4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu4) on Ubuntu 8.04 beta something.
>
>  Any tips on getting this warning out? Am I doing something wrong?
>  Otherwise, I think it might be a bug.
>
>  Thanks in advance!
>   Bram

Well, one way to get rid of the error would be to use giomm instead of
gnome-vfsmm.  gnome-vfs is deprecated and shouldn't really be used for
new code.  giomm is much nicer.  As for the warning, I'm not sure.  It
seems slightly strange that an anonymous namespace is used there, I'm
not entirely sure why it's done that way.

--
jonner