Glib::ustring

 I am trying to send data(string) from an entry widget to the serial port.

If I assign the string when I declare the char array it works well. (char*
szMessage[] = "This is test data";)

But when I use the entry seems there are problems converting the text of the
entry into char an the compiler gives me the next error
"cannot convert `Glib::ustring' to `char' in assignment"..

To send the string to the port i am using this method declared in a class

int CSerial::SendData( const char *buffer, int size )

Any ideas. Thanks

Jorge Vidales

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:01 AM