Re: gstreamermm option group does not init

At Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:26:07 -0400,
José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque cox net> wrote:
> > class GstOptionGroup : public Glib::OptionGroup
> > {
> >   GstOptionGroup (GOptionGroup* castitem)
> >     : Glib::OptionGroup (castitem) { }
> >
> >   virtual on_pre_parse (OptionContext& context, OptionGroup& group)
> >     {
> >       Glib::OptionGroup::on_pre_parse (context, group);
> >       init_pre ();  /* Appropriate refactorization of Gst::init() */
> >     }
> >
> >   virtual on_post_parse (OptionContext& context, OptionGroup& group)
> >     {
> >       Glib::OptionGroup::on_post_parse (context, group);
> >       init_post ();  /* Appropriate refactorization of Gst::init() */
> >     }
> > };
> >

> > Glib::OptionGroup Gst::get_option_group()
> > {
> >   return GstOptionGroup (gst_init_get_option_group());
> > }
> >

> This would certainly be ideal, but unfortunately will not work because
> both init_pre() and init_post() are not publically declared.  If we
> could get GStreamer to make them public, I think this would be a pretty
> good solution.

Sorry for being confusing.  I certainly meant that those init_pre and
init_post functions are the gstreamermm initialization functions,
refactored from the current Gst::init function.  The gstreamer C
functions are invoked by calling the super class
(Glib::OptionGroup::on_pre_parse will call the init_pre hook in
gstreamer and similar for the post function).

I used the same function name, but I should have been more clear.
Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Marcus