Re: Semantics of Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText::get_active_text

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 18:05 +0100, Peter Wainwright wrote:
> As gtkmm is the official C++ wrapper for gtk, I assumed that this would
> be equivalent to gtk_combo_box_entry_get_active_text.  However, this is
> not the case.
>
> It appears that gtk_combo_box_entry_get_active_text gets the contents of
> the entry widget.  However, Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText::get_active_text
> returns the last selected row of the drop-down list (which is not the
> same thing at all if the user has not selected a row or has edited the
> value).
>
> Is this intentional? If so it is very confusing. Similarly named
> functions should surely behave identically. gtkmm can't really be
> described as a gtk wrapper if it re-implements methods with different
> semantics...

Ahhh, I should have checked a little further before my last post...

I see in the header comboboxentrytext.h that the offending method is
indeed marked "deprecated" (I am using version 2.12.5 on Ubuntu Hardy
Heron btw).
However, this does not show up in the documentation
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1ComboBoxEntryText.html

It appears that the comment in the code is not in the right format to be
picked up in the generated documentation (doxygen?). I guess doxygen
wants comments to begin with three slashes - ///.

Peter