Re: Search in ComboBox

hi:
I think gtk+ people want deprecate use of private members like vbox from GtkDialog  for example.

I don´t see visible API for the entry in the GtkComboBoxEntry widget.
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkComboBoxEntry.html

perhaps murray will make the gtk+ API changes transparent for the gtkmm users.
http://developer.imendio.com/sites/developer.imendio.com/files/gtk-hackfest-berlin2008.pdf

This in not the official GTK 3 but perhaps it was it.

regards.

You are wrong.
EntryCompletetion works perfectly well with ComboBoxEntry.
You could use same model - get it from ComboBoxEntry.
The entry is part of combo object, just call a method to get it.

    cmbName = Gtk::manage( new Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText() );

    for( XMLManager::VSI it = contList.begin(); it != contList.end(); ++it )
    {
        cmbName->append_text( Glib::locale_to_utf8( *it ) );
    }

    entName = ( Gtk::Entry* )cmbName->get_child();
    Glib::RefPtr< Gtk::EntryCompletion > cmpName = Gtk::EntryCompletion::create();
    entName->set_completion( cmpName );
    cmpName->set_model( cmbName->get_model() );
    cmpName->set_text_column( 0 );