Re: Gtk::Notebook memory management quirks

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 01:33 +0200, Julien Langer wrote:
> On Sa, 2008-07-19 at 02:10 +0200, Julien Langer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > About this function:
> > http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Notebook.html#f7bdf8ec9f703fb21aec6d372085f38a
> >
> > I noticed that the tab label does not get deleted automatically when
> > the
> > page is removed via remove_page (the child widget is properly removed
> > though).
> > Is this the intended behaviour?

Yes. Why should a widget be deleted just because you remove it from a
container?

>  It seems a bit strange to me and it
> > also
> > doesn't seem to be documented (at least I didn't find anything about
> > it)
> >

> > -Julien
> >

> Well it looks like I was wrong about this.
> It was actually the GtkBuilder who deleted my child widgets, not the
> notebook itself.

I don't think that the builder should delete widgets. Do you have a
simple-as-possible compileable test case that shows this? If so, could
you please add it to bugzilla?

www.openismus.com