Re: Glibmm:Threads

Toby Roworth wrote:
Hello

I'm currently writing a program that decodes video and displays it onto a secondary screen using OpenGl, with a GTKmm GUI on the first screen. However the video decoding is quite processor intensive, and maxes out one of my processors, without the other getting a look in. This prevents the GUI from operating whilst video is decoding.

I have attempted to solve this by putting the decoding loop inside a Glibmm::Thread, but this does not seem to have any effect - is this likely to be because I'm using the wrong tool for the job, misusing the right tool or something else.

By what I've read on this list, you're problem may be related to gtkmm event handling and threads. You may want to search the list (http://marc.info/?l=gtkmm) for something along these lines. I'd encourage you to try gstreamermm, but it may not be stable enough for general usage yet, though it does have a media player example that uses gtkmm.

--
José Alburquerque