memory management issue

hello,
I'm starting an application in c++ with gtkmm and i get some strange issue with memory using FileChooserDialog.
When I run the documentation exemple (http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/sec-dialogs-filechooserdialog.html), the program start using 3.2Mo, then I click a first time on "Choose file" memory goes to 6.7Mo.
then after canceling in the open dialog the memory does not decrease and each time i click again, the memory increase.
Is there something missing in the documentation to release the memory used by the dialog? is it a bug?

I'm using Ubuntu Hardy Heron with gtkmm 2.4

I hope i'm clear enough, I'm French and it's not always easy too explain correctly...

Thanks in advance!