Re: round button in gtkmm

It's not too terribly hard, I've written quite a few implementations of a button-like widget (i say button-like because of different looks, but precisely not because of different semantics).However for someone entirely novice to Gtk+ it will not be easy to see how to do this and also it takes recognizing the semantics in the first place.

2008/7/15 Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>:

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 19:29 +0200, Simon Fuhrmann wrote:
> I'm pretty sure you can't _simply_ create a round GTK button that
> behaves just like any other button. However what you can try is to
> implement your own widget (might be too hard for beginners) or just use
> an image, catch mouse events and implement you own behaviour (you might
> need an Gtk::EventBox for this).

don't underestimate the work involved in creating a widget with the same
semantics as GtkButton ...