Re: Building of win32 applications

On Wednesday 09 July 2008, Petr Hracek wrote:
> You mean that when I will develop GUIs I do not need DevC? Only MinGW (of
> course with gtkmm and glade) is neccessary? Am I right?

That depends a little on your definition of "necessary". However, when I
develop GUI applications for Linux I don't use any integrated package. I edit
with Nedit or Vim, I build with (auto)make. I don't even use Glade,
preferring to code up the GTKmm stuff by hand. I see no reason the same
approach couldn't be used on Windows - Notepad++ or similar for editing and
the MinGW environment for make. That said, DevCpp was an easier way to get
all the dependencies established when I tried porting an application over.

HTH,
Rob