specific size increments... on_configure

I would like to have my little video-showing widget to size in specific increments because of interlaced video. The problem is, if the widget is free to be any size, what will happen is that the widget will hit a harmonic of any deinterlacing artifacts in the case that interlaced video is being delivered to the widget. This causes a very obvious and annoying wave effect to appear on any object that's moving horizontally in the image.

I would like to constrain the widget's size to specific increments and aspect ratio, but would like it to resize according to the suggestion of its parent. Is there a way to do this gracefully?

Thank you for your support,

Rob Stoddard