Re: Development Environments for gtkmm

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 10:35 -0600, gateley jriver com wrote:
> I've been looking at gtkmm for porting some Windows code, and it looks
> perfect.
>
> What's do gtkmm programmers use for an IDE? I used to do linux/unix
> programming the old fashioned way: Emacs. Now I'd prefer something a bit
> more friendly. A graphic debugger is a must. I love the auto-completion
> feature of Visual Studio. I'm also open to new ideas.
>
> So, what does the gtkmm community use?
>
> Thanks very much, and sorry for the slightly off topic post.

It's a sad fact that the options for integrated development environments
on linux are fairly limited.  As marko said, Anjuta may be the best
option at the moment, and eclipse is another option, but beyond that,
there's not much I'm afraid.  I think you'll probably find that most
people around here use vim/emacs.

--
Jonner