Re: gstreamermm progress

By reading docs a bit some of the following is clearing up:

José Alburquerque wrote:
My actual question for now, though, is what should I do about the following objects which have not been wrapped (or are incomplete)?

1) GstGhostPad <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstGhostPad.html> -- Its parent class GstProxyPad is declared in a *.c file (gstghostpad.c) and thus makes it difficult to be included in the *.hg file. I imagine this can be fixed by moving the declarations to the *.h file (submitting a patch to gstreamer), but I wonder if they have their reasons for this. 2) GstImplementsInterface <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstImplementsInterface.html>-- I'm not sure whether this should be wrapped. 3) GstRegistry <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstRegistry.html> -- Same as #2 4) GstPlugin <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPlugin.html> -- The *GstPluginInitFunc <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPlugin.html#GstPluginInitFunc> function pointer type does not accept user data so a slot cannot be passed in to the C++ callback.

It is not necessary to wrap portions that extend gstreamer by adding new plugins. New plugins can be developed using the C API so a SlotInit will most likely not be needed.

5) GstTagList <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstTagList.html> -- Same as #4 for the function pointer *GstTagMergeFunc <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstTagList.html#GstTagMergeFunc> pointer (it doesn't accept user data) . I've developed a patch for this but I'm not sure that it will be accepted by gstreamer (I can it provide it to be reviewed if necessary)

In this case, most taglists are already defined in gstreamer. As #4 above, it is not necessary to include a SlotMerge because it is necessary only for registering new taglists which will probably not be necessary in C++.

There's plenty to do so there is no rush, but some input would be useful some time about the above. Thanks.

-Jose