I want to use a Gtk+ widget...

I would like to use a widget that is Gtk+ only in a Gtkmm program, but don't want to go through all the voodoo that is listed in the gmmproc page, especially since it details using a library surrogate that has apparently changed a lot since the day that the gmmproc chapter was written. I would like to simply use the widget, not create an entire library for that widget.

Is it possible for me to use a Gtk+ widget, perhaps wrapping it (manually) in a class, rather than go through all the trouble of creating a gtkmm library?

Thank you for your time,

Rob Stoddard