Re: Warnings in custom container example of GTKmm Book

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:52 +0100, Joaquim Duran wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've executed the custom container example of the Gtkmm Book. When I
> closed the applications the following warnings were displayed:
>

> (lt-example:24330): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkContainerClass::remove not
> implemented for `gtkmm__GtkContainer'
>
> (lt-example:24330): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkContainerClass::remove not
> implemented for `gtkmm__GtkContainer'
>

> This happens with Gtkmm version 2.12.4.
>

> Also, in the documentation web page, there is a small typo in the text
> of the green rectangle:
>
> [...] installed in parallel. *Tthe* gtkmm-2.4 name refers to the [...]
>
> 'Tthe' should be corrected to 'The'.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Joaquim Duran

I looked into this a little bit and it looks like several vfuncs for
GtkContainer are not wrapped in gtkmm.  Specifically, the following
vfuncs are not wrapped: add(), remove(), check_resize(),
set_focus_child().  And obviously, since gtkmm doesn't wrap the remove
function, the custom container does not implement it, and therefore
prints out warnings when the default dummy implementations are called.

murray, I don't know much about ABI compatibility and gmmproc -- are we
able to wrap these vfuncs?

--
Jonner