Glade XML and TreeView

Title: Glade XML and TreeView

Hello,

I subscribed to this mailing list last week in hopes of seeing something similar asked and solved so I could apply it to my project.  I didn't so here is my question.

I'm creating a TreeView from within Glade 3 (so I'm getting an XML file).  I load and display the designed UI just fine from my kit.run(*MainDialog) call.  Now, I want to start adding stuff to the TreeView at runtime (in otherwords user input data, etc).  So I've set up the ModelColumns as described in (http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-treeview.html#sec-treeview-model).  They display just fine and I see my column headings.  Superb!

Now my problem.  If I am to understand how you add new columns you call:

Gtk::TreeModel::Row row = *(instanceofTreeModel->append());
row[ModelColumnInstance.col] = "TextToDisplay";

Super, but nothing ever gets displayed on the screen after appending the new information to the TreeStore.  If I put that call before my kit.run(*MainDialog); it displays the information as expected.  It's almost like the TreeView widget needs to be re-drawn on screen for the data to show.  Is there some call that needs to be made that forces the re-draw of the TreeView?  Also, if you need and or want to see the full code just ask.

Thanks,
Ryan