Speed problems

Hi,

Did anyone have speed problems using GTK+/GTKmm/DirecFB?

I',m having a 2 seconds delay when switching fullscreen windows.
The hardware is an AT91SAM9261 @ 200 MHz with built-in LCD controller. Linux kernel 2.6.23. The GTK engine is the pixbuf engine, it's because i have to draw custom buttons and this engine allows me to decide what images are use to draw every widget.

So, ideas? Where can i look in order to try to solve the problem?

Regards,
Diego A. Fons.