Implementing GInterfaces purely from C++?

Hi all,

So, I'm trying to implement the TreeModel interface directly from C++
and it's failing miserably.

My class inherits from Glib::Object and Gtk::TreeModel and implements
all the required vfuncs (it's a very simple read-only list - but there's
potentially a lot of data I don't want to copy).

The code compiles fine but then everything fails at runtime because
the object's underlying GType doesn't implement the GtkTreeModel
interface.

Is there a way I can make this work without doing my implementation in C
and then wrapping it - that would be pretty crummy as my underlying data
store is a C++ object.

Thanks,

--phil