Re: Problem with Gtk::manage in Visual Studio 2008

You tried run the program without debugging?

2008/12/17 Pedro Sousa <pasousa.ml@gmail.com>
Hi,

I'm trying to build a simple GUI for a database in Windows XP. I'm just
trying, by now, to create an application with a window with a menubar
and a status bar and a derived container with some widgets inside (by
now I'm using a button).

In the window I create a managed VBox for containing the widgets I must
to include. The following code was used:

GuiWindow::GuiWindow ()
{
   set_title (PROJECT_NAME);
   set_default_size (800, 600);

   Gtk::VBox* pWindowContainer = Gtk::manage (new Gtk::VBox);
   add (*pWindowContainer);
   pWindowContainer->pack_start (mWindowMenu, Gtk::PACK_SHRINK);
   pWindowContainer->pack_start (mWindowBody);
   pWindowContainer->pack_start (mWindowStatus, Gtk::PACK_SHRINK);

   show_all_children (true);
}

It compiled with no problem. The program loads also without any error,
but while exiting the program a breakpoint is triggered and the
following information appear.
----
HEAP[AOPCdb.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap(
01030000, 01043170 )
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in AOPCdb.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in
AOPCdb.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

This may also be due to the user pressing F12 while AOPCdb.exe has focus.

The output window may have more diagnostic information.
The program '[1696] AOPCdb.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
----

If I don't use the managed VBox, not error appear. Has anyone had this
problem? Did anyone solve it?

I'm using the Visual Studio 2008 and the Gtkmm version 2.14.3-1

Best regards
Pedro Sousa