Dynamically adding widgets to HBox created with glade

Hi,

I created a dialog with glade. In this dialog, I have a HBox with two
widgets, one is the label and the other widget will be determined at the
runtime.

So, in my code I got the reference to the HBox using get_widget after
reference from the XML. The code compiles properly, but I can never see the
widget.

xmlRef = Gnome::Glade::create("myglade.glade");
Gtk::HBox *pMyHBox;
xmlRef->get_widget("myHBox", pMyHBox);

Lets us assume I need to add one more label the the "myHBox"

Gtk::Label lab("new");
pMyHBox->add(lab); or
pMyHBox->pack_start(lab); or
pMyHBox->pack_end(lab); etc..

I tried all possible ways to show it.. Unfortunately, I couldn't see it on
my dialog.

Please help me where I was wrong...

Thanks in Advance..

-k