Performance

Hi,

I've built an application using X/GTK+/GTKmm and I'm experiencing performance issues.

The application is running in an ARM cpu at 200 MHz (AT91SAM9261 and AT91SAM9263) with 64 MB de ram. The problem is that it takes about 4 seconds in create a panel, I have to create 28 panels and the total creation time is 4'20" with stripped libraries (!!!) and 8'00" with not stripped libraries (impossible). My application has one unique window and several layouts with different widgets on it (one layout with its widgets is what I call 'panel'). I have my own widgets which inherits from the ones in GTKmm. Here is an example of inheritance:

   GraphicalObject    Gtk::Layout
                   V             V
               GraphicalLayout (my widget)

Different panels compose a screen, I switch screens hiding and showing panels, this transition has a delay too. I'm creating every object in the C++ traditional way, using the new operator.

Well, I hope you could understand me, the reason of this mail is to ask if anyone has experienced performance problems in similar hardware.

Regards,
Diego A. Fons.