Glib::Object how can I register properties, types... in the Gobject type system?

Hello. I'm looking at the gtkmm documentation. I would like to know if
it's possible to register signals, GType and properties for types from the
c++ bindings, or if I need to use c directly to do it. I'm new to GObject, so
I don't know very well what I'm doing. What I would like to do is to
get introspection
capabilities at least for signals, types and properties, and I would like them
to be registered in the Gobject type system. Thanks in advance.