Re: Display a popup when showing a container.

joaquimduran adtelecom es said the following:
Dear all,

I need to show a custom popup to ask some configuration parameters when a frame
is shown to the user for first time (it's shown inside a notebook).

My idea to implement the behaviour was to overload the on_show member functions of
the frame nad use if to display the popup:

on_show()
{
  Frame::on_Show();
  NewDialog dialog();
  dialog.run();
  [....]
}

Do you know if this behaviour could be a problem for Gtkmm? Is there any other way to
implement it?

Maybe using Gtk::Widget::signal_expose_event() and Gtk::Widget::signal_hide() to know when the frame is shown. You may have to use Gtk::Widget::set_events() or Gtk::Widget::add_events() to ensure that the frame emits the signals. HTH.

Thanks in advance.

Joaquim Duran