Re: problem compiling gtkmm ...

Sorry of course i meant 'export PKG_CONFIG_PATH...', and 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH...'

2008/4/23 Milosz Derezynski <internalerror gmail com>:
Try:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/final_gtk/lib/pkgconfig
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/final_gtk/lib

and then compile in the following order:
- glib
- pango
- atk
- gtk+
- glibmm
- gtkmm

with a --prefix of '/opt/final_gtk'

That should work; make sure you always keep the above environment variables present. There _can_ be issues with .la files but at least on Ubuntu, this works.

2008/4/23 Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net>:

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 03:20 -0400, Roberto Alejandro Espí Muñoz wrote:
> Hi, I'm in the process of compiling the gtkmm 2.10 version of your
> libraries since Debian doesn't have them on etch yet.  I've been
> trying to solve my dependencies keeping myself on etch and wound up on
> the following dependency list which I now either compiled, or
> installed on my system:
>
> atk 1.9.1
> cairo 1.4.14
> cairomm 1.4.6
> glib-2.0 2.16
> glibmm 2.12
> gtk+-2.10.11
> gtkmm-2.10.11
> pango-1.0 1.20

I have 2.12 here and clearly not glib 2.16. Are you sure you need to
pull that many dependencies?

If yes, then you'd better dist-upgrade to lenny (aka testing).

Hub