Re: make does not work within the directories of examples

Did you run the configure script?

 Ie:

 $ cd /path/to/gtkmm
 $ ./configure

 The configure script lives in the root directory. Automake and
 Autoconf work to generate the configure script. Running the configure
 script will generate the actual Makefiles for the entire project.

 Also, you won't be able to run make successfully in the examples
 directory until the library is built.

 So in general, the following should build gtkmm:

 $ cd /path/to/gtkmm
 $ ./configure
 $ make

 After that's done you should be able to build the examples. (If they
 aren't already built, I can't remember off the top of my head if the
 examples are built by default.)