Re: Gtk+ 3.0 and gtkmm-3.0

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 08:51 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> murray, my guess at what the OP has in mind could be expressed like this
> (very, very pseudo-code-y):
>
> class Gtk::Signal : public sigc::signal
> {
>     public:
>        std::string name() const { return _name; }
> };
>
> class Glibmm::Object
> {
> 	std::list<Gtk::Signal> signals;
> };
>
> does that make a little more sense (not that the actual technical
> details are any easier to implement) ?

I think you'd also want to know what the parameters and return type are.
And you'd want to emit and handle these signals depending on what
parameters and return types you found. So you need a way to say
"this signal takes an int" or "this signal takes a const reference to a
Something and a pointer to a Foo".

www.openismus.com