Re: Transparent Window using Cairomm

For "real" transparency (translucent windows etc) you need a
compositing X server and a compositing window manager; you can also
have shaped windows at the outline (the edges/borders) without
compositing.

Can you please specify what exactly you need? I can provide examples
for both but I'd rather first like to know what you need.

Milosz