How a popup window receives input fous

Hello,

I want to place a calendar (Gtk::Calendar) in a popup window. The
popup window is made modal and is presented to the user with the
Gtk::Window::present() call. Dates from the calendar can be selected
with the mouse but the calendar does not have the input focus - dates
can not be choosen with the keyboard. The keyboard focus stays on the
parent window.

How can I make the calendar to receive the input focus from the keyboard?

If the calendar is not modal (Gtk::Window::set_modal() has not been
called) then no date from the calendar can be selected witrh the mouse
as well.

I tried to activate the keyboard and mose events for the popup window
but it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Vesselin