Derived widget in libglademm

I want to use a widget called Display derived from Gtk::DrawingArea. It
seems to be created but on_realize() is not called. I have used glade 3
to create a .glade file. I glade I used a DrawingAre as placeholder for
my widget (since in the "basic" libglademm example a GtkDialog is used
as placeholder in the .glade file for the widget derived from Gtk::Dialog).
I do not know if what I've done is correct for using a derived widget,
since all examples I could find only dealt with top-level derived
widgets, while mine is in a container inside another widget.

main.c, ending of main function:

> 	Display *display = 0;
> 	refXml->get_widget_derived("display", display);
>
> 	Gtk::Window* main_win = 0;
> 	refXml->get_widget("main_window", main_win);
>
> 	if (main_win)
> 	{
> 		kit.run(*main_win);
> 	}
> 	return 0;

display.h:

> class Display : public Gtk::DrawingArea, public Gtk::GL::Widget<Display>
> {
> public:
> 	Display(BaseObjectType *da, Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml>& refGlade);
> 	void on_realize(void);
> };

> from display.cc:
> void Display::on_realize(void)