Re: transparent background in a notebook

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 16:39 +0200, "V�or M. Palacio T�ega" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set a transparent background in a notebook. In fact, i
> will need to use transparent backgrounds in any widget on the notebook.
>
>     Gdk::Color w("transparent");
>
>     Gtk::StateType state = panels.get_state();
>     panels.modify_bg(state, w );
>

> Other widgets has a transparent background as default (f.i., Gtk::Label).

no, Gtk::Label does not have a transparent background, it has no
background. it draws on in the foreground, on its parent's window.

in simple terms, you cannot do what you want.

in newer GTK's, when used with a compositor like compiz as the window
manager, you can set the opacity of the widget but only of the *whole*
widget, not just the background (AFAIK).