Attaching data to TreeView rows

Hello,

my application uses a treeview. It has only one displayed column, but I
need to attach some data that isn't viewable by a user. I had such a
problem in the past in another application. There I added a text column
and hide it. But here I like to attach a bigger structure for each row
that has a list and some strings in it.

Is there a way to attach not renderable data to each row of a treeview?
Or should I add a hidden id and maintain a second structure with my
data in another place? So what do you think is the best? Any other
ideas?

regards
Andreas