implementing a right-click popup in a treeview

Hi,

I have a TreeView in which I would like to implement a right-click context menu. For single selection, this is fine: I connect_notify() to the signal_button_press_event() signal, and find out which row the user wants from event->x and event->y.

However, I would like to have this for multiple selection, and I can't figure out how to do it. The problem is that after my event handler, the standard event handler is called as well, which selects the row the user right-clicked on. My event handler gets the correct selection that was before the right-click, and I can apply the action to that, so it works as expected, but to the user it looks wrong, because the selection shown on the screen is now different.

Is there any way to tell the Gtk engine not to call the standard event handler for right-clicks on this TreeView? I think the normal way would be to return 'true' from my event handler, but connect_notify() expects a void method, so I can't do that.

Ferenc