Re: Glibmm and networking

Hi Arthur,

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 00:00:01 -0300 you wrote:
> Jonathon, thanks for help.  I´ve read that Glib::IOChannel could be
> bound to sockets, but don´t know if sockets could be used for
> transfering files over network

Not directly. A socket is simply a connection between two nodes, in much the same way that a null modem cable is. When you access a file by FTP or HTTP you are using a socket (two in the case of FTP) to do the actual communication, but what you send and receive includes a lot of protocol in addition to the data.

--
Rob