Embed movie player

Hello,

I like to embed a movie player in a gtkmm application that should run
in Linux, Windows and perhaps OS X. So I had various ideas:

1)
Simply start a movie player (e.g. totem for Linux and MediaPlayer for
Windows) in new process. This is not embedded, but easy to implement.

2)
Use gstreamer on all platforms. I'm not sure how stable gstreamer for
Windows is. And I'm not yet sure about the legality of e.g. the WMV
codec.

3)
Use mplayer or libxine.  I'm not sure how stable gstreamer for
Windows is. And I'm not yet sure about the legality of e.g. the WMV
codec.

Does someone know if gstreamer, mplayer or libxine is able to use
native system codecs on Windows?

4)
Embed gstreamer on Linux and embed a MediaPlayer ActiveX control on
Windows. (And something else on OS X). Do you think it's possible to
embed a ActiveX control in gtkmm? Or are there any examples how to do
it?

Perhaps someone has some ideas to help me deciding for one solution.

regards
Andreas