deploying on win32, font problem

Hi, I tried to deploy a gtkmm application I wrote on win32.
Since I won't statically link, I had to figure out which dlls the
application needs.
Basically I removed all gtkdir/bin directories from path variables and
tried to run the application.
Each time it said it needed a dll, I copied it to executable directory.
When the list of dlls was finally over, the application ran, but the
text on buttons was all boxes.
I copied the application to gtk/bin directory and ran it there without
problems, then I copied the entire bin directory to another directory
and ran the application, only to get boxes again.

What more do I need for text on widgets? Perhaps wrong dlls are being
found on the system in another path ?