How to disable the task bar while running the application ?

Hi,

In my c++ application, I have created lot of screens by using gtkmm. What I want to do is, while my application is running, the task bar should be disable, the users should only be able to see the screens. for example in my initial start up screen I have added one button, when that button is clicked a small window gets opened, at this time the task bar is getting displayed. I don't want it to be displayed. How do I do this?

I tried using set_skip_taskbar_hint ( true ). The particular window is only disabled from the task bar. But I want the entire task bar to be disabled.