Re: Trouble wrapping properties

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 16:15 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On 5/19/07, Paul Davis <pjdavis engineering uiowa edu> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm working more on wrapping goocanvas. I'm having a bit of trouble
> > figuring out how to wrap some of the properties.
> >
> > Specifically, the property "antialias" for GooCanvasItemModelSimple is
> > listed as taking a parameter GooCairoAntialias.  I haven't got the
> > slightest idea on what type I should actually be using here. Is it the
> > Cairo enumeration, the Cairomm enumeration, or the goocanvas version?
> >
> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> Just a bit of a follow up, I ran with using Cairomm types.

This might be correct. goocanvas might have some good reason to have
typedefs for enums that match the cairo enums. But you should really ask
them to clarify this. Ideally, it would be explained in their API
documentation (if that is even online somewhere).

>  This worked
> out except for the GooCairoLineDash, which as far as I can tell is
> supposed to be GooCanvasLineDash, so I used that and it compiles.

Please try to use C++ versions of the enums. For instance, you'd have
Goocanvas::LineDash for GooCanvasLineDash. See glibmm/tool/enums.pl and
_WRAP_ENUM().

www.openismus.com