gtk::window with multiple owners

hi all,

thanks for the responses to my previous post about the gtkmm application redistribution.

Try to explain a design problem that i can't solve in any way.

I've a main gtk::window derived form, and on particular events, I show() and hide() another little top level window, that is a custom object derived from gtk::window.

In a second moment, i needed that a main window's child dialog can use ( show()/hide()/catch signals ) the same little window.

The first problem is that i thought to duplicate this little window, just to use his signals both from main window and from the dialog, this because the dialog is not modal. But i can't since get_widget_derived return me only a single instance of that little window object.

The second (connected to 1st) problem is that, if i decide to set my child dialog as modal, and i show the same little window, the little window show up, but don't have any sensitivity, since the modal dialog run in his own main loop.

any help or suggestion is really appreciated.

Angelo Dureghello