Re: Enable drag and drop for treeview?

Chris Vine wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 09:20 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
Does this method also work well with a sorted treemodel? Because the simple set_reorderable() does not seem to work in that case. Once the model is sorted (by clicking on a treeview column header), drag and drop is not possible anymore.

You cannot drag and drop within any one sorted tree view, because it is
meaningless (you cannot change the order of one row against another in a
sorted view).  The same constraint would not arise when dragging between
widgets and should not be an issue, I imagine.  You could try it out
using Paul's approach.

I understand, but I was more thinking about a Gtk::TreeStore, where I want to allow moving a subtree under another parent. Even if the model is sorted, this type of move is still not mutually exclusive with the sorting.