Re: gdlmm proposal

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 10:46 -0400, John Swensen wrote:
> I recently found an implementation of the gdl in the form of gdlmm.  It
> looked fairly complete, except for better doxygen documentation.  I have
> started using it, but it would be really nice if I could get it accepted
> by your group, so that it can get accepted into major distributions
> (e.g. Ubuntu/Debian, Fedora/RedHat, Suse, etc).  What are the steps I
> need to do to get it part of the gtkmm.org website and downloads, as
> well as getting it into major distribution repositories?

Maybe you could start by telling us about gdl and what it is useful for.
Google isn't telling me much.

If it's likely to be popular, then it can go into GNOME's svn, where
gtkmm is, with ftp releases on the GNOME ftp servers. But that's a
decision for the maintainer.

But really, a sourceforge project or code.google.com project would be
enough. It doesn't even seem to have that, though it's easy to create
one.

www.openismus.com