RE: Changing background colors on Gtk::ToolItems

Getting closer!
I always have to fiddle with things for a while before they work right so don't worry just yet. Buttons and such can have different styles depending on their state, look at how your Gtk::Style object is set up, make sure you specify the correct state (STATE_NORMAL is probably what you want).

If possible give some code sample of how things are set up if its still not doing what you need.